Element test framework?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Mar 15 16:34:32 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-03-15 at 14:34 +0000, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-03-12 at 22:49 +0100, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> […]
> > Yes, there's a trivial unit test in gstreamer-rs/gstreamer-check
> > and
> > various bigger tests in gst-plugin-rs. Just grep for "Harness" :)
>
> I have been following these and seem to have the framework running,
> which is
> great. However I am falling as Hurdle 1, because:
>
>    gstsdr::plugin_register_static().unwrap();
>
> is failing with:
>
>    thread 'can_get_swradiosrc_element' panicked at 'called
> `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: BoolError { message: "Failed to
> register the plugin", filename: "src/lib.rs", function:
> "gstsdr::plugin_desc", line: 49 }', src/libcore/result.rs:997:5

Run with GST_DEBUG=6 and provide the log. That will tell us more. But

> and I am now at a loss as to how to go about unpacking what might be
> causing
> this problem. Any hints on how to debug this sort of thing? The
> gstsdr::plugin_desc is:
>
>    gst_plugin_define!(
>        "SDR",
>        "SDR Plugin",
>        plugin_init,
>        "1.0",
>        "LGPLv3",

... this is probably the problem. LGPL is a valid string for the
license here, LGPLv3 is not. I'm not sure why we even have a hardcoded
list of acceptable license strings... maybe that should be changed.
--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com