seek in webrtcbin pipeline

Jack jack at rybn.org
Mon Mar 18 19:07:20 UTC 2019

Come back with this thread...

I tried the following to seek in a pipeline involving webrtcbin pad.
Sebastian recommended to seek only on the part before webrtcbin, but i
can't make it work, i certainly missed something or misunderstood
something. My soundfile on the hard drive last 18 min :

- create a pipeline 'main' : filesrc ! ... ! tee
- set state of this pipeline to PLAYING
- seek on this pipeline with seek_simple(Gst.Format.TIME,
Gst.SeekFlags.FLUSH | Gst.SeekFlags.KEY_UNIT, 120 * Gst.SECOND)
- gst_pipe_to_add = Gst.parse_bin_from_description('queue ! webrtcbin
name=sendrecv bundle-policy=max-bundle', True)
- add gst_pipe_to_add to the pipeline 'main'
- link between tee and gst_pipe_to_add
- set state of gst_pipe_to_add to PLAYING

I can get the sound stream but it start from the beginning instead of 2
min after the beginning.
Any clue or more ?
Thanx.
++