Playbin works but autovideosink fails

longkas longkas at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 09:42:03 UTC 2019

Hello,

Using playbin and autovideosink with gst-launch cli both works well, but
when I test it  to run my program,
the playbin works ok, but autovideosink  got error:

Debugging info: gstkmssink.c(1530): gst_kms_sink_show_frame ():
/GstPipeline:mix-player/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstKMSSink:autovideosink0-actual-sink-kms:Error:
GStreamer encountered a general resource error.
drmModeSetPlane failed: Permission denied (-13)

If I switch to xvimagesink, got error as well:
Debugging info: xvimagesink.c(1773): gst_xv_image_sink_open ():
/GstPipeline:mix-player/GstXvImageSink:xvimagesink0:
Could not open display (null)
Error: Could not initialise Xv output

Test is done on Fedora on my vmware virtual machine, btw.