iOS: How the "GStreamer.framework" created

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 12:11:07 UTC 2019

On 28/3/19 9:33 pm, GnashAmu wrote:
> I found my self.
>
>  Its automatically created by cross compiling by Cerbero.
>

>  ./cerbero-uninstall -c config/cross-ios-universal.cbc build gstreamer-1.0
>

>   Ref:
> https://tausiq.wordpress.com/2014/12/11/ios-gstreamer-framework-custom-build/
>
>   if you double click and follow over ".pkg" it will install
> Gstreamer.Framework this can be used directly to Xcode as dependency
> framework.
>
>   But lot of unknowns:
>
>   1. Not able to change the installation path of Gstreamer.Framework
> installation

This is a MacOS limitation. Nothing we can do about that.

>   2. How to write own recipe if need to add new (customised) plugin

Have a look at any of the other recipes for an example on how to write a
recipe.  The best recipe to look at for inspiration depends on how you
build your plugin.

>   3. How to reduce the size of output

That's not currently possible without modifications to cerbero itself.
You would need to edit the package and dependencies in recipes in order
to reduce the built targets.  At which point you very much have a fork
on your hands.

Cheers
-Matt