Android GStreamer example SYSROOT_LINK undefined

maestro157340 stefankrempel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 09:20:45 UTC 2019

I am trying to build the Android GStreamer Tutorials, but I get the error,
that the variable SYSROOT_LINK is undefined.

I use the latest NDK version, which is 19.2.5345600
This error exists on both Linux and Mac OS.

This variable is used in
$GSTREAMER_ROOT_ANDROID/$architecture/share/gst-android/ndk-build/gstreamer-1.0.mk
at line 169

Here is the code extract:

# In newer NDK, SYSROOT is replaced by SYSROOT_INC and SYSROOT_LINK, which
# now points to the root directory. But this will probably change in the
future from:
#
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/fa8c1b4338c1bef2813ecee0ee298e9498a1aaa7
ifdef SYSROOT
    SYSROOT_GST_INC := $(SYSROOT)
    SYSROOT_GST_LINK := $(SYSROOT)
else
    ifdef SYSROOT_INC
        $(call assert-defined, SYSROOT_LINK)
        ifdef SYSROOT_LINK
            SYSROOT_GST_INC := $(SYSROOT_INC)
            SYSROOT_GST_LINK := $(SYSROOT_LINK)
        endif
    else
        SYSROOT_GST_INC :=
$(NDK_PLATFORMS_ROOT)/$(TARGET_PLATFORM)/arch-$(TARGET_ARCH)
        SYSROOT_GST_LINK := $(SYSROOT_GST_INC)
    endif
endif