Video Recording issue in Gstreamer

Aditya Oza aditya.oza at teksun.in
Thu May 2 11:57:45 UTC 2019

hello sir,

Greetings!!

Consider me a beginner in Gstreamer. My Objective is I am try to record a
video at 1080p resolution at 30 fps in H264 Format  from my Raspberry pi
camera using Gstreamer Following pipeline:

 `` gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! capsfilter
caps="video/x-raw,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=30/1" ! videoflip
method=clockwise ! videoflip method=clockwise ! videoconvert ! videorate !
x264enc! avimux ! filesink location=test_video.h264 ``

After I Run above pipeline,
I will not get any kind of error but recorded video shows 1080p and 30fps
but frames are dropping heavily.
Please suggest me This is Right pipelining or not ? OR
Any missing element in this pipeline ?

Thanks,
Aditya Oza
Firmware Developer at Teksun Microsys Pvt Ltd, Ahmedabad