Recording and Streaming Simultaneously

Aditya Oza aditya.oza at teksun.in
Fri May 3 15:00:07 UTC 2019

hello sir,
The objective I am trying to achieve is streaming 1080p video from
Raspberry pi camera and record the video simultaneously.
 I tried recording the http streaming as source but didn't work on 30fps. A
lot of frames were missing and almost got 8fps only.
As a second approach, I am trying to record the file directly from camera
and then streaming the "recording in progress/buffer" file. For the same I
am trying to use GStreamer. Please suggest if this is good option or should
I try any other?
For Recording using GStreamer I used
 gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! capsfilter
caps="video/x-raw,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=30/1" !
videoflip method=clockwise ! videoflip method=clockwise ! videoconvert !
videorate ! x264enc! avimux ! filesink location=test_video.h264
Result : recorded video shows 1080p and 30fps but frames are dropping
heavily
 For Streaming the video buffer I have used UDP in Gstreamer as,
gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! capsfilter
caps="video/x-raw,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1" ! x264enc ! queue !
rtph264pay ! udpsink host=192.168.5.1 port=8080
 Result : No specific errors on terminal but can't get stream on vlc
Please suggest the best method here.