Livestream video application using DTLS/SRTP from gstreamer1.8

Ansa ansaahammed at gmail.com
Thu May 9 03:46:04 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am trying create a DTLS based SRTP server to stream H264 video to a client
device connected over Wifi.
To evaluate the streming path, I am using the TX pipeline as below.

gst-launch-1.0 -v videotestsrc ! openh264enc !
video/x-h264,width=128,height=96,framerate=30/1 ! h264parse
config-interval=1 ! rtph264pay pt=96 ! .rtp_sink_0 dtlssrtpenc
connection-id=test
is-client=false .src ! udpsink host=10.64.36.184 port=5000

I need to run the dtls/srtp server on a system which acts as Wifi AP. There
could be multiple client devices connected. Any of the client device can
send a DTLS 'Hello Request' to start the streaming to that device.

In this case, we do not know the client IP address in advance to mention in
the 'udpsink host='.

1. How to set the destination/client IP address after the DLTS hand-shake is
done. Can we introduce any call-back to get the client details.
2. The streaming should start only after the DLTS hand-shake is completed.
Is the pipe-line mentioned above will take care of this ?

Please Help me! I am bit confused about the DTLS introduction and working
sequence in the TX pipeline.

Thank You,
Ansa
Thank you for the support,