v4l2h264dec Raspberry PI

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Mon May 20 22:25:17 UTC 2019

Le lun. 20 mai 2019 14 h 10, horai <ivo.hora at seznam.cz> a écrit :

> Ok, I filed a bug here:
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/issues/609
>
> Hopefully they will understand.

They means me in this case, I'll try and make a patch for this soon. I
haven't used a RPi recently, can you point me to some links on which distro
I should flash ? That's only in case I can't reproduce on IMX.6 or DB410c.

> Actually, I tried to run the following pipeline with v4l2h264dec in
> Wayland,
> but with Gstreamer 1.14:
>  gst-launch-1.0 -e filesrc location=/home/pi/jellyfish-15-mbps-hd-h264.mkv
> !
> matroskademux ! h264parse ! v4l2h264dec capture-io-mode=dmabuf !
> waylandsink
>
> It is much faster than anything else in X11 (I was not able to fix
> glimagesink in 1.16), but I am facing a lot of following warnings:
> 0:00:18.246613271   857 0x74213550 WARN             waylandsink
> wlvideoformat.c:
> 137:gst_video_format_to_wl_dmabuf_format: wayland dmabuf video format not
> found
>
> Would you be please so kind and give me a hint how to remove this warning
> and take advantage of dma fully? I guess the dma is not used in this case
> as
> it consumes a lot of CPU power.

Was this one once per stream or spammy (every frame) ? I can also fix this
one to be once.

In this case, it means your compositor does not advertise the format to be
supported using dmabuf, but waylandsink is smart and will use the dmabuf FD
to pass the buffer to the compositor without copy. The compositor still
need to use slow GL upload, but since it has nothing else to do, it's
likely smoother.