GStreamer AWS S3 sink element released

Marcin Kolny marcin.kolny at gmail.com
Wed May 29 07:30:06 UTC 2019

Hi all,
A few days ago we've released an element that allow you to stream data to
AWS S3 bucket. The element uses multipart upload, so it can be used for
long-running captures, and has a few configuration options.
It's written in C/C++ (sorry), but w consider re-writing it in Rust in the
future (Having a C plugin simplified a lot integration with our existing
build infrastructure).

The plugin is available on GitHub:
https://github.com/amzn/amazon-s3-gst-plugin

There's a lot of missing features (e.g. uri handler implementation, upload
retry mechanism etc) so any contributions/suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks,
Marcin Kolny