audio speech recognition and recording at the same time with tee

kyle111 purehavoc77 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 02:22:31 UTC 2019

Hello all,

I am using gstreamer plugin for kaldi
<https://github.com/alumae/gst-kaldi-nnet2-online>   (speech recognition
tool). This is the  pipeline
<https://github.com/alumae/gst-kaldi-nnet2-online/blob/master/demo/gui-demo.py>
for kaldi plugi to do speech-to-text ( microphone input -> text transcript):

    self.pulsesrc.link(self.audioconvert)
    self.audioconvert.link(self.audioresample)
    self.audioresample.link(self.asr)
    self.asr.link(self.fakesink)

Now, I'd like to record the audio from microphone into .ogg file at the same
time. I made the following changes to the pipeline codes:

    # get audio from mic device
    self.pulsesrc.link(self.audioconvert1)
    self.audioconvert1.link(self.tee)

    # save to ogg
    self.audio_queue.link(self.vorbisenc)
    self.vorbisenc.link(self.oggmux)
    self.oggmux.link(self.filesink)

    # send to asr
    self.asr_queue.link(self.audioconvert)
    self.audioconvert.link(self.audioresample)
    self.audioresample.link(self.asr)
    self.asr.link(self.fakesink)

    # tied up tee and queues
    self.tee.link(self.audio_queue)
    self.tee.link(self.asr_queue)

However, the pipeline doesn't work, There is no gst errors but audio is not
saved and text doesn't come out.
I suspect something is blocking the pipeline and I couldn't figure it out.
Would like to hear suggestions !