Running two playbins in two threads

Sirius Wu ccwu660601 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 11:42:55 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm suspecting my HLS player based on Android tutorial 5 leaks memory. To
overcome this issue, I come to the idea to start 2 threads each running its
own playbin. While the first playbin is playing, the second one is standby
with no URI set. When the first playbin has finished the playing, the main
thread kills the first thread to release all the memory of first playbin,
and set  the second playbin's URI. Then a new thread with its own playbin
is created for the next movie.

Using two playbins at the same time because I want to reduce the waiting
time between two movies.

Is this idea workable? Or these two playbins will compete for the same
hardware resources so one will fail?

--
Sirius Wu