Reinitialise gstreamer

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue Nov 12 14:28:25 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-11-12 at 06:10 -0600, wilson1994 wrote:

Hi,

> If I reinitialise gstreamer (gst_init (&argc, &argv) ) after
> previously initialising and deinitialising it, then the creation of a
> new pipeline fails. (snip code)
>
> Is this a bug, or is it not allowed to deinit gstreamer if you want
> to initialize it again later?

>From the API documentation for gst_deinit():

   Clean up any resources created by GStreamer in gst_init().
It is
normally not needed to call this function in a normal application as
the resources will automatically be freed when the program terminates.
This function is therefore mostly used by testsuites and other memory
profiling tools.
After this call GStreamer (including this method)
should not be used anymore.

In other words, calling gst_init() again after gst_deinit() is not supported.

Cheers
 Tim