Wrong colors on Raspberry Pi 4

moritz.vieli moritz.vieli at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 14:54:04 UTC 2019

Hi all

I have a simple pipe on a Raspberry Pi 4:
gst-launch-1.0 -v videotestsrc ! videoconvert ! glimagesink

The image is supposed to look like this:
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/t378671/testsrc.png>

However, all colors are wrong and it looks like this:
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/t378671/testsrc_wrong.png>

As you can see, the colors should be white, yellow, blue, green, etc. but
are white, blue, yellow, green, etc. If I play a video, all colors are wrong
as well and a blue sky with clouds has lots of yellow and green in.

Omxplayer works well, I therefore think it's a Gstreamer-specific problem
and not related to the Raspberry or the HDMI connection.

Everything works well on a Raspberry Pi 3.

Does anyone have an idea, where the problem could be?

Thanks a lot for your feedback and best,
Moritz