Getting gstreamer to encode /dev/video0 to h264 and giving back to ffmpeg

poddingue gounthar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 18:30:13 UTC 2019

Hi there,

first time gstreamer user.
I'm trying to encode and then make post processing with ffmpeg to a video
coming from a pseudo-camera (in fact, that's an HDMI-IN).
I have several problems. The first one happens when I try to use gstreamer
all alone grabbing images from the camera:

The second problem I have is when I try to pipe ffmpeg to gstreamer. The
created file is also empty.
Note that I manage to create a video file with ffmpeg with that same data.
I have seen the error message, but I don't know what to do with it.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot.