Wrong colors on Raspberry Pi 4

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 11:05:40 UTC 2019

As far as I remember the last time i looked GStreamer uses byte-order
convention for defining color models. In byte-order RGBA refers to Red
being byte-0, Blue being byte-1, Green being byte-2 and Alpha being byte-3.
Raspberry Pi programming documentation uses Word-order for color models.
For this reason byteorder RGBA is defined in Raspberry Pi programming
documentation as ABGR8888. Byte-order BGRA is in Raspberry Pi documentation
defined as ARGB8888.

This difference/confusion can be an explanation for the colour change if
one of the modules get it wrong although it does not explain if the exact
same version produces one result in Rasp3 and another in Rasp4 .... unless
Rasp4 has a different definition for its colour model or one of the modules
compiles different code for Rasp4 compared to Rasp3. I believe the
graphical API changed somewhat for Rasp4 so code may be different.

Regards
Peter MM