Store and read GstBuffer's to and from a file

pfarmer flacone at gmx.de
Sun Nov 17 20:12:29 UTC 2019

I am trying to store gstreamer buffer's to a filesink to be retrieved later
by a filesrc. This is for testing reasons where I want to record data on
various platforms with various cameras attached.
Immage I do:
```
gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc num-buffers=10 ! x264enc ! video/x-h264,
stream-format=avc ! filesink location=test.raw
```
And load the avcC buffers with:
```
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=test.raw ! identity silent=false !
video/x-h264, stream-format=avc ! h264parse ! avdec_h264 ! autovideosink
```
I will get only 4096 Byte sized buffers from the filesrc which the parse is
unable to handle since the avc stream-format relies on packets with known
size.
In this very specific example I could use the byte-stream format. But the is
not an option for me since this is part of my testing process to be able to
deal with avc format implementations.

I saw rtpgstpay/depay which would be not ideal since it adds time stamping
and own packetization.

So is there a plugin or way to store "any" gstreamer buffer to a file, such
that I can later retrieve them and inject them into the pipeline again
(possibly losing time-stamp information)?

If there is no other way then using rtpgstpay/depay how could I use those
elements?