Using gstcameraundistort in Gstreamer pipeline

itaidagan itai at joymo.no
Mon Nov 18 09:49:21 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to incorporate a 'gstcameraundistort' within my pipeline, it's
one of the plugins that are part of gst-plugins-bad:

https://github.com/GStreamer/gst-plugins-bad/blob/master/ext/opencv/gstcameraundistort.cpp

I thought I had installed gst-plugins-bad, when I run

> apt list --installed | grep bad

I get

> gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad/bionic-updates,now 1.14.5-0ubuntu1~18.04.1 arm64
> [installed]
> libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-0/bionic-updates,now 1.14.5-0ubuntu1~18.04.1
> arm64 [installed,automatic]

But if I try to inspect either *gstcameraundistort* or *cameraundistort*
using gst-inspect I get the messages:

> No such element or plugin 'cameraundistort'
> No such element or plugin 'gstcameraundistort'

Needless to say, any attempt to run the following command fails:

> data.undistort = gst_element_factory_make("cameraundistort", "undistort");

Would love some help.