Gstreamer Pipeline for retransmission using rtpbin

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Nov 19 19:48:04 UTC 2019

Le mardi 19 novembre 2019 à 10:33 -0600, SD a écrit :
> Is there a way to delay the retransmission request on the client side? The
> client sends the retransmission request immediately without any added delay.
> Hence the packets that are being delayed in transmission or if there are
> some sequence errors is also retransmitted again. I have analyzed the
> packets using wireshark and thus see negative packet loss in the
> transmission like (lost -40). This is because of the retransmission of
> delayed packets. The properties in rtpbin doesn't seem to have a delayed
> transmission.

Have you configured rtx-delay on rtpjitterbuffer ? In fact, there is
two condition, a) a gap, b) delayed:

a) We have e.g. seqnum 1 3, 2 NACK will be sent on an early RTCP packet
(immediately). This is to conform with the spec. This may fail
depending on the conditions, but there is rtx-retry-period that can be
configured. We also implement some of the RFC in order to configure
this automatically.

b) Nothing arrived for rtx-delay, then we start sending NACK. I guess
this isn't the one you have in mind, since it does have a delay. And
then the RTX retry delay is used for further retries.