alternatives to h264parse and x264enc

Olivier CrĂȘte olivier.crete at collabora.com
Thu Nov 21 13:36:06 UTC 2019

Hi,

No, the H.264 codec is covered by patents, so code that handles it won't reach -good until those patents expire. That said, -ugly is exactly like -good quality-wise, except that it's separate to warn you about patent issues. The parsers are in -bad because they depend on the parsing library that has an API that we're not fully satisfied with.

Olivier