Plugin path on 1.16.1

TheGiamig thegiamig at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 11:40:37 UTC 2019

Hi all, I worked on some projects based on gstreamer 1.14 and 1.15 (win7).
Now I updated to 1.16.1 because 1.15 is not a "stable" release.

I completely removed runtime and develop packages, then installed the new
runtime and develop as well.

After that if I launch e.g. the command /gst-inspect-1.0.exe udpsrc/ no
elements will be found.
If I launch /gst-inspect-1.0.exe udp/ will be found the plugin gstudp.dll
but with 0 features.
The same happens for almost all plugins/features.

So I set the /GST_PLUGIN_PATH=%GSTREAMER_1_0_ROOT_X86_64%\lib\gstreamer-1.0/
in a shell and tryied again: this time the behaviour is ok.

Then I opened a new shell, without define a GST_PLUGIN_PATH variable: the
problem is gone and the udpsrc element is correctly founded.

So, what happens?! It's needed to "refresh" the plugin registry in such a
way?
Thanks