Recording and displaying stream at the same time

Martin Appo martin.appo at cleveron.eu
Fri Nov 22 12:04:27 UTC 2019

Hello!

Gstreamer version: 1.16.1
OS: debian 11

My target is to stream and record video at the same time. Initially I had
more complex pipeline containing compositor on one branch and different
custom filters. The simplified version of my constructed pipeline is as
follows:

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc !
"video/x-raw,width=500,height=300,framerate=50/1"  !  tee name=t \
 t. ! queue !  x264enc ! splitmuxsink name=mux_sink  max-files=10000
next-file=5 max-size-time=600000000 location=video%02d.mp4 \
 t. ! queue !  "video/x-raw,width=500,height=300,framerate=50/1"  !
 glimagesink

How this pipeline acts on my system is that it goes from NULL state to
READY state and hangs there. The displayed video is also stationary and no
video file is saved.
I'm also attaching svg file generated from the dot dump.

I have already tried both branches separately without tee element - both
working.

Thanks in advance!