GSTMETA is removed when some elements are used.

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Nov 27 09:05:55 UTC 2019

Le lundi 25 novembre 2019 à 09:36 -0600, kgopelo99 a écrit :
> I am trying to add metadata based on
> https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/plugin-development/advanced/allocation.html?gi-language=c#gstmeta
> <https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/plugin-development/advanced/allocation.html?gi-language=c#gstmeta>
> that will be passed throughout the pipeline i.e
> appsrc->jpegparse->queue->nvv4l2decoder->nvstreammux->nvinfer->appsink but
> the metadata is not found in the sink of the appsink.
>
> But if I have this pipeline appsrc->jpegparse->queue->appsink I can get the
> metadata. But If I replace queue with jpegdec, I cannot get the metadata.
>
> Does some elements remove the GSTMETA?
> How can I tackle this.

As long as the meta did not have GST_META_TAG_VIDEO_STR set, it should
be transferred. In this case, I would use pad probes to debug, e.g.
after nvv4l2decoder, then nvstreammux and finally nvinfer to find out
which of these tree is responsible. Then you'll have to fix it yourself
or ask NVidia to do so, since these are third party plugins.