having trouble with a pipeline that splits (demux) and then joins (mux)

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Wed Oct 2 18:40:34 UTC 2019

At first glance this looks like this should work.  It might be a thread
deadlocking issue:  When faced with issues like this I start adding queues
all around my pipeline and it gets past the deadlock.

If you use a --gst-debug-level=3 parameter you might catch a hint about the
underlying problem.  If you observe a failure of state transition (e.g. the
pipeline won't switch from READY to PAUSED) then I have seen that happen
when using the mingw build of gstreamer (it happens rarely in specific
cases) in which case you should try using the MSVC binaries on Windows or
switching to Linux.