Support for Massive Multicore Machines?

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 18:22:33 UTC 2019

Well, as I see it, there is generally one thread spawned per queue
device, and one per encode/decode operation, and several for command
and control functions. This means that on a 64-core machine a simple
video player will use something like 8 or 10 threads, leaving the vast
majority of the machine idle. When one is displaying 8K video, that
might matter.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.