Playbin + kmssink + aspect ratio black borders

Daniel Rossi electroteque at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 15:22:55 UTC 2019

I get permission issues trying to do that. If this is the only way to
turn off the  console output while streaming I might have a problem
because it's run as a system user on a startup. I'll consult RPI.  I
tried to find a way to overlay a black border  in gstreamer but nothing
seemed to work.

So something as simple as this

echo 0 > /sys/class/vtconsole/vtcon1/bind

echo 1 > /sys/class/vtconsole/vtcon1/bind