Ninja -C build stuck !

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sun Oct 20 17:20:18 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-10-20 at 10:59 -0500, jeyp4 wrote:

Hi,

> Hello I am trying to install latest gstreamer 1.17.x alongside
> stockgstreamer 1.8.3 in ubuntu 16.04. ...snip...Then installed ninja
> through 'sudo apt install ninja' and ran command 'ninja-C build/'.Now
> the terminal is stuck at <
> http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/t379085/ninja.jpg>
> I dont know what to do next. Can anyone help?

This doesn't look like the right "ninja". On older Ubuntu you might
have to install the ninja-build package instead (but it might not be
new enough for the latest Meson, tbd).
Also, your Meson build errors out according to your log file because it
doesn't find flex or bison, so try
  sudo apt-get install flex bison
as well.
Cheers Tim