Splitting audio pipeline with tee and different formats

Jonas Kvinge jonas at jkvinge.net
Thu Oct 24 18:50:11 UTC 2019

Hi

I'm trying to use a tee to split the audio pipeline so that S16LE can be
sent to a spectrum analyzer, without changing the audio format that is
sent to alsasink.

However, whenever I set "format" to "S16LE" for the fakesink, it also
affects alsasink. So both queues are affected and set to S16_LE. If I
remove the format and set only "audio/x-raw" or link the elements
without the caps, it's unaffected and outputs S24_3LE.

See attached example code that demonstrates the issue. The file is: FLAC
audio bitstream data, 24 bit, stereo, 192 kHz, 55598080 samples

Is it not possible to accomplish what I want with a tee, am I doing it
wrong, or is it a bug?

Jonas