webrtcbin ice-state-connection doesn't change to 'disconnected'

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 21:48:17 UTC 2019

The state properties are currently best effort and do not always reflect
the actual state due to issues with the dependant libraries.

e.g
- libnice currently doesn't signal disconnection properly (even if the
enum value is in its API)
- the GStreamer dtls have no state field which means the algorithm that
computes 'connection-state' (from the webrtc spec) always results in 'new'
- the ICE transports associated with the data-channel is used when
computing any state which is an oversight.

In short, there are issues with the states and patches are welcome.