Gstreamer for android

Vasu Sriram vasu.r at affluencesystems.com
Wed Oct 30 09:43:42 UTC 2019

I have compiled Gstreamer for android(5.0.2) for imx6q using cerbero.

I added all the binaries in my rootfs (/system/bin folder) and also
libraries(/system/lib).

libexec/gstreamer-1.0/gst-plugin-scanner also i added in /system folder of
my android rootfs.

then i set the path as follows:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/system/lib/gstreamer-1.0
export GST_PLUGIN_PATH=/system/lib/gstreamer-1.0
export GST_PLUGIN_SCANNER=/system/libexec/gstreamer-1.0

If i enter gst-inspect command i am getting an error like as follows
"(gst-inspect-1.0:1285): GStreamer-WARNING **: 00:42:09.580: External plugin
loader failed. This most likely means that the plugin loader helper binary
was not found or could not be run. You might need to set the
GST_PLUGIN_SCANNER environment variable if your setup is unusual. This
should normally not be required though.".

after this message i am getting like "Total count: 171 plugins, 1272
features" loaded.

While i am try to playing a using gst-play-1.0 file.mp3 is also same issue
and unable to find find some libraries.

Help me to sort out this issue.