GstVideoOverlay

horai ivo.hora at seznam.cz
Mon Sep 2 19:47:51 UTC 2019

Dear all,

I have 4 videos each inseparate videooverlay area withing single GTK window.
I am trying to maximize one videoarea upon click and hide all the remaining
GstVideoOverlay videoareas with gst_video_overlay_set_render_rectangle
method with setting width and height to -1 as described in documentation
here:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/video/gstvideooverlay.html?gi-language=c#gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle

Was anyone able to use this method successfully under Weston or Gnome shell
or any other compositor on top of Wayland?I had no luck with Weston nor
Gnome shell on x86 nor ARM platform.
I am curious whether this method ever worked for anyone.If not, is there any
workaround how to hide render area where the videos are being renderer? I
partially achieved success with stopping the pipelines, setting GtkWidgets
to invisible and maximizing the clicked GtkEventBox to the size of grid
which possesses all 4 GtkWidgets with videos, it randomly works as I wish,
but sometimes some of the 4 video render areas remain black preventing the
fullscreen video to be fully visible.
I am totally lost with what could be the reason for malfunction of this
method, I tried the reference example in gst-plugin-bad for waylandsink and
hide the main window within this example, no success. I would drop
waylandsink, but glimagesink seems to be too slow on RaspberryPI under
Weston.
Please, could anyone point me where the problem could be or should I stop
wasting time with plugin which is in plugin-bad or should I stop trying to
achieve anything in Weston?
Should I set out to the journey of compiling up date Wayland and Weston?
It is 1.14.4 stable Gstreamer version so I guess I am the one doing
something wrong.
Or should I drop GTK and try QT instead? Honestly I would rather prefer GTK.
There are hardly no examples on google search, therefore I would really
really like to kindly ask you for your help.

Thank you
Best regards,
Ivo