get more explicit input and output names of soundcard

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Sep 3 20:30:40 UTC 2019

Le mardi 03 septembre 2019 à 15:04 +0200, Jack a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am using Gst.DeviceMonitor to retrieve the names of the different io
> of my soundcard. But it results in :
>
> hw:0,0
> HDA Intel PCH at 0xed128000 irq 140
>
> hw:0,0
> HDA Intel PCH at 0xed128000 irq 140
>
> hw:0,3
> HDA Intel PCH at 0xed128000 irq 140
>
> hw:0,7
> HDA Intel PCH at 0xed128000 irq 140
>
> hw:0,8
> HDA Intel PCH at 0xed128000 irq 140
>
> hw:0,9
> HDA Intel PCH at 0xed128000 irq 140
>
> hw:0,10
> HDA Intel PCH at 0xed128000 irq 140

Here I got:
]$ gst-device-monitor-1.0 Audio | grep "name.*:"
	name  : Monitor of Audio interne Stéréo analogique
	name  : Audio interne Stéréo analogique

Ok, the translation thing is pretty broken, but otherwise it picks
human readable names from PulseAudio. Maybe you forgot to share some of
the details about your setup ?