HLS demux with fMP4

thowtj th.wetjen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 14:45:11 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am trying to demux a HLS stream which contains a fMP4 seq with audio and
one with fMP4 video but with no success.

On a hlsdemux element I am listening on on_pad_added signals. It is called
twice with structName: video/quicktime. In that callbacks I connect both
pads to qtdemux elements. From that moment on the pipeline switches back and
forth between PAUSED state and PLAYING state but on_pad_added and
no_more_pads signals are not called at all.

I then tried to decoded a HLS sample stream containing fMP4 provided by
Apple
(https://devstreaming-cdn.apple.com/videos/streaming/examples/img_bipbop_adv_example_fmp4/master.m3u8)
using

gst-launch-1.0 playbin
uri=https://devstreaming-cdn.apple.com/videos/streaming/examples/img_bipbop_adv_example_fmp4/master.m3u8

and found that it was not able to play it back either. That leads me to the
question if qtdemux is able to demux fMP4 coming from a HLS stream.

thowtj