"GST_MESSAGE_WARNING: Pipeline construction is invalid, please add queues"

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sat Sep 7 11:38:40 UTC 2019

Le vendredi 06 septembre 2019 à 22:24 -0500, Ben Rush a écrit :
> Why would I get that for the following pipeline?
>

> rtspsrc location=rtsp://<myip>:8554/<streamName> drop-on-latency=true ! decodebin ! mfxvpp ! video/x-raw(memory:MFXSurface),format=BGRA,width=256,height=192 ! queue leaky=1 max-size-buffers = 0 ! appsink name = sink

That warning on the Bus are in two parts. See the "debug" out parameter
for gst_message_parse_warning(). In the second part, it sais that there
is isn't enough queuing in the pipeline to accommodate a relatively new
basesink mechanism called "processing-deadline". This new configuration
gives room for element processing time in the synchronisation process,
without scarifying the the synchronisation between multiple sink
elements like it use to do.

To be fair, that seems like a bug, since leaky queues are suppose to
the set the max latency to -1 (infinite). Let me CC OLivier who
introduced this warning in the first place.