v4l2src: device or resource busy

Pascal Jacquemart pascal at fluffyspider.com
Tue Sep 10 03:33:25 UTC 2019

Yes I have seen this one as well

You can run fuser -v /dev/video0

It should tell you if the file descriptor is still open or more likely
in case of leaky buffers that the device have been closed but the
device is still mapped.

I think you should terminate the pipeline by sending an EOS event on
the v4l2src element and makes sure it propagates. Then set state to
NULL and unref everything.

This should work even on older kernels.
I am running on CentOS kernel 3.16 and it is fine.