回复:Re: if we plan to remove TEXTURE_UPLOAD, what will be used instead?

HalleyZhao halleyzhao at sina.com
Thu Sep 12 00:16:25 UTC 2019

thanks Matthew。
I know little about totem/gtk3, just wonder why not use waylandsink to render video directly to a wl_surface/wl_sub_surface. it means to create a gtk widget which associates with a wl_sub_surface, it is a child of the main window but skip gl composition inside app.
for a dedicated video player app, texture video is just the favor of developer, not the interest of end-user.