rtspsrc creating multiple video source pads from single stream

Frame, Timothy J (US) timothy.frame at baesystems.com
Tue Sep 17 13:20:14 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am running into an issue using rtspsrc where it seems to be adding multiple video source pads from a single RTP H264 video stream.  I am registering for "pad-added" events from the rtspsrc element and am getting 2 pad-added notifications for video which is causing downstream issues.  From code inspection it appears PT or SSRC changes could cause this but I confirmed with wireshark that these values were not changing in the stream and the PT value in the SDP matches what is in the stream.  Does anyone have any idea what could cause multiple pads of the same type (multiple audio or multiple video) to be created?

Thank you,
Tim