mpegts latency

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Sep 17 16:16:14 UTC 2019

Le lundi 16 septembre 2019 à 02:35 -0500, TheGiamig a écrit :
> Finally I solved the packet loss problem enlarging the socket buffer size of
> udpsink/src (buffer-size=65535 is good for me).
>
> Maybe the streaming was filling the buffers causing the packet loss.

The sender is likely "bursty", as your process has relatively low
priority, in such situation it might not be scheduled often enough to
avoid lost.

In some cases, adding a queue element after udpsrc can solve this (as
it allow udpsrc to avoid most of the push pack effect in GStreamer),
but increasing the buffer-size property is often more efficient (less
context switches).