Audioresample Latency changes after the first use in pipeline.

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Sep 18 14:50:08 UTC 2019

Le mercredi 18 septembre 2019 à 07:25 -0500, zeid a écrit :
> I am resampling audio from 8kHz to 48kHz, first time i get additional latency
> from audioresample by 4ms next time i try to resample i get 0.
> Why? is there anything wrong with audioresample or its meant to increase
> latency first time then decrease latency?

Seems like a renegotiation bug. This is interesting fact. Same format,
number of channel and rate should yield the same latency. Do you mind
filing an issue on gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base
and providing a short program to reproduce ? Btw, the reported latency
is can be traced using the latency tracer upstream, so it should be
easy to catch.

$> GST_TRACERS=latency\(flags=reported\) GST_DEBUG=GST_TRACER:7 ./my-app 2> gst.log
$> gst-stats-1.0 gst.log

Nicolas