NNStreamer (Neural-Net in GST) Releases

MyungJoo Ham myungjoo.ham at samsung.com
Thu Sep 19 10:44:34 UTC 2019

NNStreamer, a set of neural network plugins for GStreamer, is now releasing its binary packages for multiple platforms.

If you are interested in writing AI applications w/ GStreamer pipelines, you may try NNStreamer.
We really appreciate feedbacks from users.

We are releasing NNStreamer via github and the following binary-package repositories.

Android Studio: You can write NNStreamer-GStreamer apps w/ "nnstreamer" JCenter package.
    (There are sample apps in Play Store: search for "nnstreamer")

Tizen Studio: the new Tizen will support nnstreamer natively w/o installing any additional plugins.
    (Or get Tizen nnstreamer packages directly from download.tizen.org)

Ubuntu: use "nnstreamer" PPA.

Yocto/OpenEmbedded: "meta-neural-network" layer has nnstreamer.

macOS: brew tab "nnsuite/nnstreamer"

iOS/Windows: we plan to release binaries for them as well in the future.

NNStreamer is already being deployed for various consumer electronics devices and is quite stable these days.

NNStreamer supports caffe2/pytorch, tensorflow/tensorflow-lite (1.09 ~ 1.14), C/python models, ROS, NCS2, IIO, ...

Cheers,
MyungJoo