Weston -> rtspsrc VS playbin

horai ivo.hora at seznam.cz
Mon Sep 23 19:44:27 UTC 2019

Dear all,

I have dynamically created this pipeline in C:
gst-launch-1.0 -v rtspsrc
location="rtsp://user:password@192.168.88.253:8554/test" latency=0 !
rtph264depay ! h264parse ! vaapih264dec ! videoconvert ! waylandsink

And my application is supposed to render the video to a render area within
Weston surface, unfortunately, GST_DEBUG=3 yields right after the
application is about to scale the video into the window:
0:00:00.935921117 28608 0x7f44b0003f70 WARN               videopool
gstvideopool
.c:231:video_buffer_pool_set_config:<waylandpool3> Provided size is to small
for
 the caps: 921600

The same stream is played by this pipeline very fine and scaled into the
window of desired size:
gst-launch-1.0 -v playbin
uri="rtsp://user:password@192.168.88.253:8554/test" video-sink="waylandsink"

Both pipelines are created via C language. Do I have to somehow force
rtspsrc to change the stream scale? If so, how do I achieve this and why
playbin does that automatically.
 I really do not want to change the video scale of the server side, I want
to do it on client side.

Thank you
Best regards,
Ivo