Convert YUV420 to BGR without using videoconvert in GStreamer

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Sep 26 13:35:55 UTC 2019

Le jeu. 26 sept. 2019 04 h 10, Andrew Max <drodevilosun at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Maybe we can convert buffer after decoder: apply algorithm to update buffer
> after decode or use OpenCV overload buffer after sink plugin. :)

As per your first question, avdec does not handle color conversion (data is
encoded in yuv).

Your rendered might have an accelerated patch, otherwise your options
entirely depends on the HW you run it on. glvideoconvert is likely the most
generic option at the moment, though it requires uploading the pixels to GL
space, which have some cost.