issue in order of creation in dynamic pipeline

Jack jack at rybn.org
Mon Sep 30 14:07:01 UTC 2019

Hello,

I use Python but I will use here the command line representation of the
pipeline to symplify.

First, I create this pipeline :

audiotestsrc ! audioconvert !
audio/x-raw,channels=2,depth=16,format=S16LE ! queue ! adder ! tee !
queue ! fakesink

I pass this pipeline in the playing state and it is OK.

Then I create three Bins in *this* order :

ghostpad ! queue ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! pulsesink
(this bin is connected to the tee)

uridecodebin uri=http... ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! queue ! ghostpad
(this bin is connected to the adder)

pulsesrc ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! queue ! ghostpad
(this bin is coonected to the adder)

and everything is OK too, I can listen the stream from a remote server
and the audio from my sound card.

Now, if I switch the creation of the two last bins like this :

ghostpad ! queue ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! pulsesink
(this bin is connected to the tee)

pulsesrc ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! queue ! ghostpad
(this bin is coonected to the adder)

uridecodebin uri=http... ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! queue ! ghostpad
(this bin is connected to the adder)

The pipeline stops immediately after adding the last bin, and there is
no more sound.

I am sure that expert people know exactly why and I would appreciate
very much if they could tell me why ?
Best!
++

Jack