splitmuxsink multiple video stream backport?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon Sep 30 21:16:22 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-09-30 at 16:51 -0400, pisymbol . wrote:

Hi,

> Is there any reason why multiple video stream support hasn't been
> backported to 1.16+?

Yes, we usually don't backport features into stable branches. Stable
branches are for bug-fixes only.

> And if there is no intention, when will it make it into the release?

The most current planned timeline for the next stable release (1.18) is
outlined in the latest update to the 1.16 release notes here:

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/releases/1.16/

Cheers
 Tim

Join us at the GStreamer Conference! 31 Oct-1 Nov 2019 in Lyon, France