How to make custom element with multiple outputs?

Roland Peffer gdevel at clixxun.com
Thu Apr 2 02:17:14 UTC 2020

Hi,

did you check the sources of the GstOutputSelector plugin?
https://github.com/GStreamer/gstreamer/blob/master/plugins/elements/gstoutputselector.c <https://github.com/GStreamer/gstreamer/blob/master/plugins/elements/gstoutputselector.c>

Regards
Roland

On 1. Apr 2020, at 15:56, Jack Buffington <jbuffington at redzone.com> wrote:

I have a custom element that I have written that currently is using a 'transform' (as opposed to transform_ip' function to manipulate video and then output it.  The output video is the same size and in the same format as the input video.  That part is working great.

I would now like to modify the element so that it has two outputs where it decides on a frame-by frame basis whether to push the buffer to output #1 or output #2.  Both of those outputs would be the same size and format as the input. I have working code that can determine which type of frame I am looking at so the only issue I am having is making my buffer go to one pad or the other.  I've tried a number of things and am not succeeding.

Is there a good/bad/ugly element that I can reference to help with this?   I've looked through them but don't see anything that looks like it might help.

Alternately, could someone here describe what is necessary to make this happen?  Example code would be great but even a high-level description would help.