Build plug-ins against custom gstreamer version.

Anton Pryima zingfrid at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 10:18:49 UTC 2020

Hello all.

I've checked out gst and plugins from GIT as described here:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/frequently-asked-questions/git.html?gi-language=c#developing-uninstalled-gstreamer

I've successfully build gstreamer with  /autogen.sh
--prefix=/mydir/gstreamer/build/

But when I'm trying to build gst-plugins-base, I've got this error:
 ./autogen.sh --prefix=/mydir/gstreamer/build/
configure: Requested 'gstreamer-1.0 >= 1.16.2' but version of GStreamer is
1.14.5
configure: error: no gstreamer-1.0 >= 1.16.2 (GStreamer) found
  configure failed

I've tried to set --gst-prefix, --gst_prefix, GST_PREFIX and looked through
Web, but was not able to find the right configure parameter to point on
custom gstreamer build folder.
Does anybody know how to point plugins to custom gst build?

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Anton.