NVCODEC and headless stuff

Tyler Compton xaviosx at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 21:43:36 UTC 2020

There's some information on the status of headless NVCODEC support on this
issue: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/issues/902

The merge request that Seungha Yang is referring to that fixes issues with
headless operation is not in version 1.16.2 of gst-plugins-bad but is
available on master. From my experimentation, I've been able to confirm
that it works. If you're not comfortable depending on master, the only
alternative I'm aware of is to use the closed-source NVCODEC plugins
available as part of the DeepStream SDK from Nvidia.