Two way communication (stream/message) between client and rtsp server ondemand

Tyler Compton xaviosx at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 19:21:43 UTC 2020

Disclaimer: I have read the RTSP 1 spec but I'm not up-to-date on RTSP 2.0.
I hope if I'm wrong, someone with more expertise will chime in.

2. I need to know is there any way, rtsp server can reach to any/some client

on demand (I mean, can send stream to any client when ever server wants).

I don't believe this is possible. In RTSP, the client is always the one
establishing a session with the server, not vice-versa. You could work
around this by making a custom channel of communication between the server
and client, where the server notifies the client that it should establish
an RTSP session with the server.