Received buffer without a new-segment.

nosati_shtakor nkalisni at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 15:42:35 UTC 2020

I'm working on two plugins, one is audio decoder and the second one is
modified wasapisink.My pipeline looks like this:

*parser->decoder1->my_decoder->modified_wasapi_sink*

Once I added a custom 'qurey' function for the GstBaseSink class

*sinature: gboolean      (*query)        (GstBaseSink *sink, GstQuery
*query);*

I'm getting the following message when starting the pipeline:

*sink0-actual-sink-wasapi:
Received buffer without a new-segment. Assuming timestamps start from 0.
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...

(gst-launch-1.0:16996): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 16:10:39.047:
gst_segment_to_running_time: assertion 'segment->format == format' failed*

The line with the assert message repeats all the time and there is no output
on wasapisink.

I've done some research on this, but I didn't get far. It seems like buffers
with no segments can/should be discarded. What I don't understand is who was
sending these segments when 'query' function was not overridden? Any help
would be appreciated.
Perhaps I should create a new segment and send ti before the playback
starts, but I don't know when and where exactly should I do that. Also,
information about setting segment time would help.

Thanks.