Multicrop GStreamer plugin

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Mon Apr 13 12:51:33 UTC 2020

Le dimanche 12 avril 2020 à 22:55 -0500, Naveen.C a écrit :
> > Maybe you should clarify, do you want to use the 10 croppers to crop in
> parallel (on one stream), or to process 10 streams ?
>
> In my use case, an input pad receives video frame along with 'N' number of
> ROI Metadata and sends out N cropped images on a source pad. Can we use
> GstBufferList in this case to send out N cropped images out ?
>
> Please suggest me better approach to handle this use case.

You want to create N buffers from 1 stream, but these buffers are all on the
same timestamps. So if you serialize them out as one stream/pad, the outcome is
no longer a stream.

You could maybe introduce N pads/streams, create a 1:N element. Again, we are
missing context to help you out. It is not clear to me why one would need to
copy-crop instead of just accessing the sub-picture in the original picture.

Nicolas